Continuing on the Mushroom train, this past week I painted the Fungal Bruiser from the Bones 4 Darkreach Expansion.
I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then trimmed the base a little and glued the figure to a black-primed 1.5" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.
I began by painting the body of the figure with Folk Art “Porcelain White”. I then painted the cap as well as his mouth and tongue, with Ceramcoat “Black”, and then did the tendrils on his head and arms with Vallejo Model Color “Brown Violet”.
Next, I painted the little mushrooms on the base with Americana “Bleached Sand”, and gave them spots with Americana “Wedgewood Blue”. I then painted his claws with Americana “Reindeer Moss Green”. After everything had dried for a while, I gave the entire figure, and the little base mushrooms, a wash with Citadel “Nuln Oil”. When the wash was dry I drybrushed the cap with Folk Art “Dapple Grey”, and gave his tongue a highlight with Duncan “Olive Green”. I also painted his eyes using Americana “Antique White” for the “whites”
I then highlighted the tendrils on his head, arms and back using a mix of the base “Brown Violet” and Some Reaper MSP Bones “Dungeon Slime”. After that, I worked on highlighting his body; first using the base “Porcelain White”, then using a mix of the “Porcelain White” and some Crafter’s Acrylic “Light Antique White”, and then some of the plain “Light Antique White”.
I next painted the base with Americana “Neutral Grey”, and after it had time to dry, I gave it a coat of the “Nuln Oil” (In retrospect I just should have included this back before I gave the whole figure the “Nuln Oil” wash, and applied the wash to everything at the same time. But sometimes I don’t think things through entirely… ). When the wash was dry, I drybrushed the base with first Apple Barrel “Rock Grey”, and then Americana “Dove Grey”.
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor’s Dullcote".
I’m pleased with how this guy turned out. He will make a nice addition to my expanding Mushroom Court.
via All Bones About It http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2019/07/fungal-bruiser-bones-4-darkreach-figure.html
from Tumblr https://harfordhawks.tumblr.com/post/186139079728